Friday, July 16, 2010

We're home

Well, it's been an exciting two weeks.  Alden and I are finally home from our travels and have had a great time, but we're happy to be back home and with Patrick.  I've taken a ton of pictures, so this post will be pictures with stories here and there to help me remember all our fun times.

On the way to my parents, Alden started getting fussy from the long car ride and he wanted to know what was going on.  He hates his car seat because he can't see what the rest of us are doing.  So we let him take a look as long as he remained in his seat.


Since Alden's white church shirts are now tinted pink this is the outfit he wore to the wedding reception and to church both Sundays.  I thought it was very cute on him.

This is pretty much the only picture we have of Pappy and Alden.

Look at this cute face

Huggies has come out with diapers that look like Jeans.  They make these at Patrick's work and he's been dying for Alden to have some.  So this is Alden sporting the Jean diapers.  He likes them a lot because I only make him wear a shirt.  I'll have to take a better picture the next time he wears them.
Gram and Granddaddy bought a swing for Alden to enjoy when we were at their house.  Here he is trying it out for the first time. 

This is how they spent many mornings.

Alden got a new swimsuit right before we went down to Alabama.  He had outgrown his old one.  This new one makes him look older because the design is one you would find on an adult swimsuit.

My mom's cousin Rhonda lives on the other side of the woods from my grandparents.  We would take our walk through the woods and go and visit all the animals.  Alden loved it and I have to admit that I enjoyed it as well.  They had two pigs and if you took a stick and started scratching their bellies, they would lay down like a dog and want you to keep rubbing them.

The baby goats were so fun.  Their little cries sounded like babies or children crying.  When we were walking in the woods, we heard them and my mom wondered why there were children this far out here.  Alden got to touch and pet the goats.

Alden loves Gram and Granddaddy.  He has started reaching for people while I'm holding him.  Every time one of them walked by he would reach out for them and want them to take him.  He was very spoiled and loved every minute of it :)

Getting ready for a morning swim.  Bear (the dog) followed us everywhere.  Alden loved watching Bear chase balls and run around the yard.  Bear would keep Alden entertained for hours.  Alden showed no fear and would let Bear get really close.  I have a feeling we may need to get this boy a dog someday.

Our favorite activity with Bear was swimming.  While we were in the pool Bear would drop tennis balls in the water and wait for us to get them and throw them to him.  After he had mangled a ball to the point where it would begin to sink he would drop it in and let it sink to the bottom and wait for us to dive in and get it for him.  If we took too long to get back to him he would come him the water and hover over the area of the ball as if to tell us that this is where it is.  Also, my cousin Michael and Sawyer were jumping off the diving board and splashing around.  Every time Michael would jump off Bear would go running to the stairs and get in the water and swim out to the deep in to "save" him.  It was hilarious how concerned he was that they were in trouble or drowning.  One day Sawyer had filled up a water balloon in the pool and Bear wanted it from him.  Sawyer was hiding it behind his back but Bear was chasing him down in the water.  One time Bear's back legs touched the bottom on the shallow end and he realized he could touch by standing straight up.  This is what it looked like.  I had goggles on and was watching this from under the water.  Bear probably stayed like this for three minutes because my mom had time to run in and get a camera and then come back out.

Enjoying some fresh watermelon poolside after an evening swim.

The following pictures were taken after church on Sunday.  The first is our four generation picture.  I have decided that I want a four generation picture with all of our grandparents and Alden.  We lived out in Utah for three months where three out of four grandparents live and this is the first one I've made.  I'm a little behind.  Oh well, we'll get them when we get back in September. 

The boys

Gram, Mom, Granddaddy, and Alden

Alden and Mom

Grammie and Alden - I love his expression in this one

Alden and Sawyer goofing around

Rhonda also had two baby raccoons, Cindy and Mindy, that we went to see.  These baby raccoons were abandoned and needed a home while they are young.  Rhonda keeps them inside and lets them out to explore each evening.  When they get older she will release them into the woods.  Right now they live in her bathroom and eat cat food and use the litter box.

We had a fabulous trip and can't wait to go back.  Thanks to Grammie and Pappy for letting us stay with you and then take a trip down to Gram and Granddaddy's.  We had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment