Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

This past Saturday was my birthday.  We had a fun and busy weekend.  Saturday morning we got ready rather quickly for a Saturday morning and jumped in the car and headed to Charleston for the day.  Patrick had gotten tickets for his birthday to go to a soccer game that night.  The Charleston Battery was playing Bolton. So since we were using his birthday gift on my birthday we decided to make a day of it.  We stopped by Mt. Pleasant to visit my Aunt Stephanie and Aunt Faith's families, but it's summer and their lives are busy so we just visited for a little bit before heading to see downtown Charleston.  I have never been and wanted to do some exploring.  Of course we picked the hottest, most humid day to go, but we still had fun.  We walked up and down the old streets admiring the beauty of the city.  We'd like to go back and take a guided tour but we were running out of time because we had to get to the soccer game.  Alden was a trooper and did great traveling and riding in his stroller in the heat.

This is how Alden traveled most of the time in the car - it was a miracle

We visited the Battery

Alden and Mom walking along the coast near the Battery

We visited Rainbow Row and looked at all the old houses.  Rainbow Row is a street that has all the homes in different colors.  Next time, I want to take one of those horse drawn tours through the town.

We also saw old Cobblestone streets and visited a street market.  We had a lot of fun looking at all the unique and hand made gifts and sampled some tasty treats.  The soccer game was also fun even though the Battery lost.  Alden was so exhausted from the day that he even slept through the first half.

My mom got me a breadmaker for my birthday.  I've been wanting one for a long time now, and I found one really cheap so she got it for me.  I'm working on perfecting my rolls, but we have so far enjoyed it.  Patrick got me a DVD that has three older Tom Hanks movies.  I love the older movies that Tom Hanks is in and can't wait to watch them.  Two of them are some of my favorites already, but one I haven't even seen yet.  It was a great weekend. 

Patrick snapped a few pictures of Alden and I waiting for the rolls to come out of the oven.

The finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment