Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Can boys wear pink?

Yesterday was just one of those days.  It was a Monday and for some reason Alden has a hard time on Mondays.  Maybe it's just from coming off the weekend and being thrown off his schedule, but he doesn't nap very well and wants me to hold him all day.  It's very exhausting.  On top of this, our pool was closed all afternoon and evening because of the threat of rain showers.  I love our pool and count on that hour outside every day to completely wear Alden out so he will take a good afternoon nap.  The one task I had given myself was to do Alden's laundry.  He was out of pretty much everything that fit.  I felt like I was doing good, until I ran downstairs to change the clothes from the washer to the dryer.  I lifted the lid and to my horror, everything was pink!  Earlier this week while changing Alden's diaper, I left the new diaper off a little too long and he had peed all over the rug.  This was a new red rug.  I threw it in with his clothes without really thinking about it and now he has a lot of pink clothes.  So yesterday afternoon was spent holding and fighting with Alden to see what he wanted, and bleaching all this things.  Most of the clothes that actually fit are okay, it's just a few blankets and burp clothes that suffered the most damage.  Everything is almost back to normal, and sorry no pictures, I was too upset with myself.  Oh well, everyone I have talked to has said that it has to happen once.  I'm very grateful it was Alden's clothes and not mine or Patrick's.  Alden is a lot rougher on his and he grows out of them within a few months anyway.  I just thought I needed to write this story down, so I can look back and laugh when it's funny.  Because right now it still isn't very funny to me :)  Life goes on with today being a new day and Alden is already down for a nap. 

Playing peek-a-boo

No comments:

Post a Comment