Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Home for the Holidays

I know that I have a lot of catching up to do for Thanksgiving and such, but I just wanted to make a few updates while we're out of town.  Alden and I flew out last week to come to Georgia to spend Christmas with my family. We've had a really good time just relaxing and playing.  I think we are finally getting on a routine.  It took several days to adjust to the time change and a new sleeping environment.  But each night Alden has woken up fewer and fewer times.  I'm hoping that by the time Patrick gets here on Monday that we will be back to normal.  Sawyer is still in school and my parents still have work, so Alden and I are doing the same thing that we would be doing at home except we get to see them when they get home and Patrick doesn't have as many distractions as he studies and takes his finals.  He only has one more tomorrow morning and then he's done and ready for his last semester of school.

Since we arrived here Alden has been dragging out all of the toys and books that my brothers and I use to play with and read.  It's been fun going through all the old things and remembering how fun they were when we used to play with them.  Alden has officially gone on whole milk and loves it.  He is down to nursing just two maybe three times a day and it's only at night before bed and then when he wakes up.  He's doing really well and loving all the snacks around the house.  Alden is loving all the attention.  As each person gets home, he follows them around the house to make sure they notice him and to see what they are up to.  My mom has given him the nickname of "shadow" when he does this.  He can't stand to have anyone leave the room and have the door shut behind them.  I just figure he's tired of just playing with mom all day and is excited for a fresh face.

We can't wait until they are all done with school and work and for Tolson and Patrick to come into town this weekend.  It's going to be a great break, if only I already had all my shopping done.  I guess this just means I'll have something to do next week.  We are excited for Alden's first Christmas and look forward to all the fun memories that we will make.

No comments:

Post a Comment